One of the central aspects of the 3D is to support doctors in delivering a project which will improve health care delivered to patients.
The scope for the project is broad and many participants come to their first module with an idea they have been considering for some time. Other participants come with a project which is already begun.
We encourage participants at an early stage to liaise with their respective Health Board Assc. Medical Director if they are a GP or Clinical Director if in hospital, to discuss their projects to see if they fit with strategic direction of the organisation.
Examples of projects include.
- Community Network based minor surgery project
- Implementation of Part 1 of the Mental Health ( Wales) Measure 2010
- Development of a GP based screening tool for safeguarding children and young people from sexual exploitation.
- Avoidance of unnecessary unscheduled admissions from nursing homes.
- Dermatology services in Primary Care
- Redesigning Pulmonary Rehabilitation provision in South Powys
- Advance Care Planning in Wales: a collaborative approach in the development of ACP across the seven health Boards of Wales
- Expanding teleneurology services for both inpatient and outpatient neurology referrals.
- Provision of warnings to tell A&E staff that special circumstances around resuscitation exist in a particular patient's case.
- Sentinel Node Biopsy in Malignant Melanoma – an All Wales approach
Please click on the links below to see recent examples of project posters produced by 3D members in South Wales.