The Medical Appraisal Revalidation System, more commonly known as MARS, is a sophisticated online appraisal system designed to facilitate the appraisal process and to support individual doctors and Responsible Officers through revalidation.
Developed by the Revalidation Support Unit and first launched in August 2010, MARS became the single appraisal management system for all doctors with a prescribed connection in Wales from April 2014. MARS is managed by the Revalidation Support Unit and technically developed and supported by the Deanery’s Business Services Support Unit (BSSU).
What are the benefits to a single system of medical appraisal in Wales?
- One consistent appraisal system for all doctors in Wales
- A single appraisal tool to support Responsible Officers in making their revalidation recommendation
- Consistent opportunities for all doctors
- An automated link to the GMC
MARS Service Desk
A Servicedesk for any queries relating to MARS is available during office hours, 9am-4pm Monday to Friday.
029 2068 7509
MARS Enhancement Project (MEP)
MARS has recently been updated as part of a long term project. The MARS service has matured since its initial release in 2010 and we have now used the opportunity to use the lessons learned, recommendations and comments to implement a significant development.
What does this mean for you?
- A new intuitive user interface to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Enhanced functionality to support your appraisal and revalidation needs
- A new mobile friendly interface
- Appraisal and revalidation information will continue to be held and processed securely
- Key updates since the upgrade in August 2017 can be found here for All Users, Appraisers and HB Staff.